DH are a field of study, teaching and interdisciplinary research created by the intersection of humanistic and computer subjects.
The DH Observatory section of the Digital Culture Laboratory was established with the aim of monitoring the Italian scenery of this constantly evolving hybrid discipline.
What we mean with Digital Humanities?
We interviewed several prominent personalities of the Italian scene, at the AIUCD 2018 conference in Bari, asking them, among other things, to give us their personal definition of DH. Below you can view a presentation of the project on Digital Humanities in Italy (which contains an extract from the interview) and download the complete interview.
Research Centers in Italy
There are 12 research centers identified on the Italian territory. These are public or private bodies belonging to different sectors related to DH.
- DH Research Group – ICT Center – Fondazione Bruno Kessler
- DigiLab – Interdepartmental Center for research and services
- Digital Culture Laboratory
- ILIESI Institute
- Institute for Computational Linguistics «A. Zampolli»
- Interdepartmental center FiTMU – DH Section
- Interdepartmental research center in Digital Humanities
- Interstructural Center of Information and Telematic Services for the Humanistic Faculties
- Laboratory of Perceptual Robotics – TeCIP Institute
- Laboratory Vast-Lab
- Resource Center for Multimedia Research
- Visual Computing Lab – ISTI – CNR