For some years a research group at the University of Pisa has been studying Lunigiana's population and landscapes through a project of reconnaissance, study, excavation and georeferencing of geological, historical and archaeological data. It is a non-exclusively academic research group, geared to gathering data through the help of the Territorial Information Systems (GIS), to offer training activities for university students and to create a dialogue between the different realities interested in the history and in the enhancement of the Lunigian territory.
- TraMonti, Val di Vara (SP)
- Castiglioncello - Casola in Valle Aulella (MS)
- Godano - castle and territory
- Brina - castle and territory
- S. Michele of Pegazzano - church and settlement context